There is an ineffable quality to some technology, described by its creators as concinnitous, or technically sweet, or a nice hack – signs that it was made with great care by one who was not only motivated but inspired.[Neal Stephenson, The Diamond Age]
We are a small engineering company based in Kuala Lumpur. Founded in the midst of the dot-com bust, by Ir Dr Shawn Tan. we have since been driven by our passion to provide quality engineering products and services. Committed to creating designs that satisfy a specific criteria of elegance, we promise that our work is truly inspired and not just run off the mill.
- Aeste became a registered supplier to Telekom Malaysia.
Release of the FreeRTOS port for AEMB.
- AEMB made in-roads into China, used by Shandong University of Science and Technology to run uC/OS-II on an Altera platform.
AEMB independently evaluated by TU Delft researcher to be the best choice in small and fast open-source processors.
- The 1000th AEMB core is released into the wild.
- AEMB selected as the core processor for the OpenPattern modular routing platform, which successfully boots up a OpenWRT Linux kernel on a Xilinx platform.
- AEMB selected as the core processor for the GNU Radio project development board – the world’s leading Software Defined Radio development system.
- Released AEMB, a clean-room implementation of the Xilinx Microblaze microprocessor core, which was the world’s second most popular microprocessor core on OpenCores.
- Released AE18, a clean-room implementation of the Microchip PIC18 microcontroller core, which eventually became a teaching tool in universities including NCSU.
- Top 10 winner of Venture 2002 Phase 1 business plan competition organised by McKinsey & Co – only two-time winner for Malaysia’s top business plan competition.
- Top 10 winner of Venture 2001 Phase 1 business plan competition organised by McKinsey & Co – Electronic Mobile Authorisation Service, which uses a mobile authorisation code to authorise online transactions.
- Company founded to support pre-released products – Easy Education 2000, which was initially trialled at Precint 9 PutraJaya Smart School.